Blend: 95% Chardonnay with 5% Pinot Noir vinified as red wine and aged in oak barrels.
Bottled: June 2017
Dosage: 4.5 g / l
Disgorged: February 2019
A brilliant, flowing and shimmering light pink color, mottled with salmon pink specks in the depth of the glass with a vibrant flow of tiny bubbles creates a delicate ring of mousse at the top of the glass. A visual delight that promises a wonderfully fresh and complex victory.
The first aromas in the nose are of raspberry, wild strawberries, pink grapefruit. acacia blossom and peony with a touch of anise and mint. After breathing for a while, the wine reveals aromas of black currant, peach, passion fruit and an intoxicating scent of roses combined with creamy chalk, peeled almonds and licorice.
On the palate, the first sensation is smooth and fresh with a soft and creamy sparkling effect followed by a soft, fleshy fruitiness supported by the sharp citrus degree. The middle palette is round with a mineral quality that shows both chalky and marl and has width, fruitiness and a clear crisp in combination with salt and length in the mouth. It only takes a few seconds for the full depth of this Champagne to come through, beautifully balanced between an umami freshness and an intense sense of ripe fruit plus a light hint of spice, making all this an ideal aperitif Champagne. The finish, with its perfectly rated dosage, leaves a juicy fruity feel and a hint of salt. Set in an ever-changing swirl of freshness that reflects the extreme care and attention given to this Champagne Rosé Brut at every stage of its creation well into the vineyards.
Brut Rosé is a Champagne full of purity and positive energy that is ideal to share with friends or loved ones, at parties or with good food. We recommend that you serve it between 10 and 14 ° C and suggest the following ideas for matching dishes:
- Thinly cut ribbons of aged Parma ham
- Watermelon gazpacho served with small shrimps seasoned with peppermint oil
- Beef carpaccio drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with Timut pepper
- Tartar of marinated razor blades and crayfish served with broccoli and cabbage taboulé with lemon vinegar
- Sea bream tartare with red pepper and tomato seasoned with thyme and lemon
- Cod with espelette pepper and candied tomato leaves
- Grilled lobster or Grilled red mullet with olive oil served with watermelon salad, feta cheese, radish and red onion
- Foie gras poached in rosé Champagne served with beetroot and Reims vinegar pickles
- Braised sweetbreads in cranberry gravy
- Baked Chaource cheese pastries served with water puree